TeamViewer is the world’s #1 brand for remote connectivity solutions. Through innovations in technology and an incredibly fast and secure global network, we’re making the world a smaller place — paving the path towards a truly global workspace.
TeamViewer allows you to remotely access and control the desktop of your computers and servers from anywhere, on a 3G or better internet connection. This access is device agnostic and completely secure. Any modern smartphone can now be your window to your workplace.
Over 20 million support sessions happen daily on the TeamViewer platform. With our 256Bit AES encryption and ISO27001 certified data centers, providing support to your customers & employees has never been safer or easier. It’s like sitting right next to them, offering the help they need, the moment they need it most.
Working with distributed teams in offices around the world is the stark reality of today’s workspace, and TeamViewer’s Blizz Collaboration Companion is the only app you need to seamlessly stay in touch on all devices, all the time.
Teamviewer is a cross-platform, powerful and secure remote access and control software that can connect to multiple devices at the same time. It is an all-in-one solution for remote support which can be used for desktop sharing, online meetings and file transfer between devices connected over the Internet.
After installing TeamViewer and first connection to the network, the program receives a unique identification number (ID). It allows you to perform a remote connection to your computer. If you are using a free version of TeamViewer to connect to different computers (commercial purposes), here is a high probability that your remote connections will be limited on the TeamViewer server to a value not exceeding five minutes, after which the connection will be terminated.
In the event that the TeamViewer server decides that you are using the utility for commercial purposes to connect to multiple customer computers, a warning window may appear:
The World’s first Remote Support Technology
TeamViewer is the world’s first remote support technology to allow screen sharing on iOS devices from any desktop or mobile device. All Android devices can also be similarly accessed making us the ideal platform for supporting employees in a BYOD or a large organization with all kinds of employee devices.
It works on notable operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Chrome OS and mobile operating systems such as iOS, Android, Windows Universal Platform, and BlackBerry.
Recently, the latest stable version of TeamViewer 14 was released with new features and many improvements.
The most obvious change you’ll notice is that we’re now using the same interface as on the other platforms. In the options dialog, you can switch the color theme to dark mode if you find it more pleasing. Now, this is more than just eye candy: some people will find the dark mode less exhausting for the eye. But also you’ll find some tiny enhancements and improvements in the new UI. It is also the base for new features that had no place to go in the old UI.
Custom Device Information
One of those features is the new Custom Device Information, available for licensed customers. It allows you to define a set of (custom) labels for your company, and assign values to all the devices in your Computers & Contact list.
Bits & Pieces
Computer & Contacts has a new panel on the right, showing details about contact and offering ways to interact. If available with your license, custom device information is also embedded there. Also new is the instant connect area on top of the window, allowing to connect by ID without leaving the current tab. Many dialogs have been streamlined to match the new look.
Compatibility with older distros
We updated our dependencies to Qt 5.5 and might go to 5.6 within the next year. This gives us many new options to create a good UI and can help us to improve HighDPI support.
On the other hand, we are aware that some of our customers are still on systems that don’t sport Qt 5.5 (or 5.6). For this reason, we added a compatibility library to our repository, providing Qt for TeamViewer if you don’t have it. This enables you to update from TV13 to TeamViewer 14 on Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14.04.
Working from home. Away on business trips. Or maybe you just need a break from your office desk. With TeamViewer remote access tools, you can stay productive no matter where you are. Wherever life takes you, your desktop files and applications are just a few clicks away.
Work emergencies happen. Systems go down. Legal issues come up. IT emergencies don’t care if it’s the weekend, if you’re sick, or if you’re away on vacation. With TeamViewer’s remote access solution, you’re always just a few clicks away from your work computer. Reach your network files. Resolve unexpected problems. No matter where you happen to be.
Not near your laptop? Use the TeamViewer mobile app for iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile. Connect instantly from mobile devices to any remote desktop. Access your files and desktop apps. Print remote files on your home printer, straight from your phone. See everything on your high-resolution remote desktop display, automatically resized to your phone’s screen. TeamViewer’s cross-platform support allows you to connect to any device, from any device.
- It is cross-platform, it can connect from PC to PC, mobile to PC, PC to mobile, and even mobile to mobile connections on the major operating systems mentioned above.
- Highly compatible with multiple platforms, from modern to relatively old operating systems.
- Requires no configurations.
- Easy to install and understand.
- Available in over 30 international languages.
- Offers high performance with smart connection setup and routing, efficient bandwidth usage, fast data transmissions plus many more for reliable user experience.
- Provides high security with the latest technology.
- It is free for testing purposes and personal use.
- Needs no installation, users can now user TeamViewer without necessarily installing it.
- Supports custom QuickSupport, QuickJoin, and Host modules named with a user’s corporate identity with custom configurations.
- Permits permanent access to unattended devices with support of TeamViewer Host module.
- Supports integration with a user’s applications through APIs.
- Also supports integration into mobile applications in iOS/Android.
- Better Performance for Low Bandwidth So you’re able to connect wherever you are.
- Streamlined Server Infrastructure For increased stability and uptime.
- Improved Connection Quality Provides better connection speed globally.
- Optimized for Best Performance on macOS Mojave TeamViewer uses the latest macOS Mojave technologies.
How to Use Crack?
- Download and install TeamViewer remote desktop software on the computer from the link given below.
- Name your computer and set a password.
- Install TeamViewer on the computer you want to use to access the remote computer. Add the device to your partner list.
- To access the remote computer, select the remote computer name from your Partner List and connect.